Welcome to SSSA
The Soaring Society of South Africa (SSSA) is the body to which all glider pilots must belong, as stipulated in law by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), to pursue the sport of gliding in South Africa.
It is affiliated to the Aeroclub of South Africa which in turn represents all the sporting bodies at the CAA. Membership is by subscribing directly to the SSSA.
The SSSA has the following responsibilities:
- Defining and publishing the standards for safe operations (approved by the CAA)
- Maintaining a register of airworthy gliders
- Approving courses for the training of instructors
- Negotiating to ensure access to airspace
- Promoting the sport of gliding
- Liaison with international gliding organisations
Lastest Downloaded Files
|Nationals 2015 Competition Docs Forms and Info|
|SSSA Forms and Documents/SSSA Forms/Appendix C INSTRUCTION|
|SSSA Forms and Documents/SSSA Manual of Procedure|
|SSSA Forms and Documents/SSSA Forms/Appendix E LICENSING|
|Competition Flying and Weather|