2017 SA Nationals Bulletin 1
Download Entry Form <<Here>>
Practice Day& Compulsory Briefing: Sat. 30th Sept & Briefing @ 19.00 hrs (both mandatory)
Competition Days: Sun. 1st – 7th October 2017 incl. Prize giving: Sat. 7th October 2017 – time t.b.a.
- 50 entries MAXIMUM. Please submit your entry form & entry fees early to ensure acceptance.
- Early payment, and notification of your intention to enter is essential, and will be appreciated so that the relevant organizational arrangements can be made, e.g. number of tugs, amount of fuel, no. of tow ropes, etc. that will be required. Also for catering purposes.
- Hopefully there could also be a Two-Seater class if sufficient entries.
- As always, we would like to have some keen and eager volunteers to assist with some of the tasks, in order to spread the load.
- Competing pilots should have their own crew member, if at all possible. Please do not expect other pilots’ crew members to run around for all those of you who do not have crew. So those of you without CREW, will be charged an additional amount (R600 extra), so that we can arrange & pay for some helpers.
- Gliders carrying water are advised that they should NOT dump water on the scale. They must go-around and join the queue again having dumped the water off the scale.
- FAI competitors licence: Overseas competitors & SA pilots will be required to have this. Overseas pilots will need to obtain a S.African licence validation - details will be forwarded to you on request. Cost thereof R550.00. You should also have a valid FAI competitor’s licence. SA Pilots – please ensure you have an FAI competitor’s license for 2017 (R175.00) as this is a requirement for the Nationals.
- Camping is possible on the airfield at no cost (for those unfamiliar to Potch, the Clubhouse offers ablution facilities, as well as a place to spend time away from the tent/caravan). There are numerous Bed & Breakfasts establishments in Potchefstroom – do a Google search.
- There will be catering (meals & snacks) available at the airfield throughout the contest.
- Contest officials will be:
Contest Director: Oscar Goudriaan/Uys Jonker Safety Officer: Wayne Schmidt
Meteorology: Pieter Nouwens I/C Task Setting: AP/Pieter/Laurens
I/C Tugs: t.b.a. Admin/finance: Carol Clifford
ENTRY FEES & TOW FEES:
15m/Std & 18M/Open & 2-seater:
Entry Fee paid by 11th August R2 700.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners)
N.B. If paid after 11th August R3 500.00
Entry Fee paid before 1st September R2 000.00 (includes Opening & Prize Giving dinners)
N.B. If paid after 1st September R3 500.00
N.B. All the pilots (regardless of class) driving up from the Cape may pay an entry fee of R2 000 (which will hopefully help towards the cost of your travelling)
Daily fees: Pilots not participating for the full duration: R 600.00 per day
Expected Tow fees: (subject to fuel prices closer to the time)
All tow fees will be advised in Bulletin 2 t.b.a.
Payments to be made to: Soaring Society of South Africa (SSSA), Standard Bank, Bedford Gardens (018305), a/c 022 529 373. Reference please include: your name & SANats2017
All Communications please to: Carol – email@example.com